UPDATE 4/23 PARTICIPANTS PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - We have removed the requirement to have the mouth fully closed, however you must have at least one part of the catches mouth touching the bump board. The bass must be measured left to right, with the mouth on left and tail on the right and the top dorsal fin on the the top of the photo. The entire body of the catch must be in frame of the source photo. The in app crop feature for the catch log view may cut off some aspects but the source photo must show the full length of the catch. The mouth, tail, and width of the body should not be obstructed by your hand. Another rule clarification. You do not have to submit two photos. One photo is enough as long as it meets both the Weight and Length Verification Requirements listed below.
Cabin Fever Open
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT IN CONNECTSCALE APP
● $10 Entry Fee- Register and Pay In App payments secured by Stripe.
● We Recommend using a ConnectScale but all digital scales are accepted.
● Must use a length measuring device
● 1st Place – $100 + One (1) ConnectScale 3 Prototype Sample
● 2nd Place – One (1) ConnectScale 3 Prototype Sample
● 3rd Place - One (1) ConnectScale 3 Prototype Sample
● 4th Place - One (1) ConnectScale 3 Prototype Sample
● 5th Place - One (1) ConnectScale 3 Prototype Sample
Top 50 - Participants that log a limit of 5 Bass and place in the top 50 will receive a Package of Soft Plastic Swimbaits shipped to them free of charge.
BONUS - If the 1st Place winner is a Connect Fishing League Member he or she will receive an additional $100. Connect Fishing League Members finishing in the Top 50 will receive a total of 2 Packages of Soft Plastic Swimbaits.
Social Media Challenge - We will give away One (1) ConnectScale 3 Prototype Sample to Three different people that promote their catches with a Video on Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube with Hashtag #WinaConnectScale3 The prizes will be randomly selected Using a HashTag Search. One prize per Social Media Platform.
CLICK HERE to become a Connect Fishing League Member
● Starts – April 1st - 6 AM EST
● Ends – May 31st - 9 PM EST
● Any Pond, Lake, River, Stream in the US
● Any Licensed Angler in the US that is not under a Shelter In Place Order from Local, State, or National Government.
● Boat, Kayak, Tube and Bank/Shore Fishing Permitted
- Catches must be submitted to the tournament at time of catch.
● Must be in compliance with all Coast Guard, Local, State, and National Laws including CDC Guidelines on How to Protect Yourself from COVID-19 and Travel Guidelines.
Rules & Instructions:
Step 1- APP - Must use the ConnectScale Fishing App to log entries.
● iPhone Users - Download on iTunes App Store.
● Android Users - Download on Google Play.
Once you have downloaded the app. Complete setting up your User Profile with First and Last names, EMAIL and a Profile Pic that shows your face.
Tap the Events Tab on the Bottom Menu. Select the Tournaments Filter on top of the page.
Tap the $10 Entry Fee button to be taken to the Payment Page.
Step 2- MEASURING and Weighing DEVICES
1. We recommend a ConnectScale but all Digital Fishing Scales are permitted
2. A measuring device to measure length. Ruler, Tape measure, Bump Board, etc....
Step 3- CATCH - Go Fishing and Catch a Bass. Here are details of eligible catches:
Species—Only “black bass” are eligible for scoring.
1. Largemouth, Smallmouth, Spotted Bass
Step 4 - WEIGH & LOG - Weigh the catch on your scale and enter details of each catch on the ConnectScale Fishing App. There are no minimum weight or length limits,
1. Weight - Obtained automatically from ConnectScale Bluetooth Fishing Scale. Automatic weights are indicated on the Catch Feed with a Green Font.
2. Weight- Using another Digital Scale- you may enter manual weight. Weights should be
entered in Pounds to the nearest 100th and match the display of the scale.
3. Length - Manually input the length of each catch in the Length Field. Lengths should be
entered in the nearest quarter inch rounded down.
4. Species - Select appropriate species of catch. (Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, or Spotted Bass)
5. Tournament Code - Make sure the Tournament Code CAB1 is selected with a Green Checkmark.
Step 5- Photos - Add two separate verification photos for each catch. The Length Verification photo must include the Unique ID Code CAB1. Here is the LINK to the official Connect Fishing League Tournament card that you can print and use.
1. Weight Verification – Photo(1) must show the display of ConnectScale or other Digital Scales LCD screen with weight and catch in frame. The catch does not have to be on the scale at the time of photo but scale and catch must both be in the frame.
2. Length Verification – Photo(2) must show catch on the Measuring device. The fish needs to be measured from left to right. Starting from the mouth on the left and ending with the tail on the right.
The mouth of the catch must be completely closed. This photo must also show the Unique Tournament ID with code CAB1 on a card.
Private Catch Disabled - Make sure the Private catch slider is turned off and not showing Green. If the catch is kept Private we will not see it in Public Feed or in the database when we are verifying results. You may keep Share Map (GPS) Location private so that no other users will not know your location. The Private catch setting is used for determining if a catch is displayed on Public Feed and eligible for Public Tournaments/Challenges. If you keep your location private, only the Tournament Admin will be able to see your location. This is required to verify that the catch was weighed on a body of water and for safety verification.
Save - After you have completed ALL of the steps above, tap Save in the top right-hand corner to save the catch submission and enter the catch in the competition.
REPEAT - Complete steps 4 and 5 as many times as you can during the time frame of this challenge. This is the Best 5 Total Weight Tournament. Winner will be determined by the weight of the 5 largest catches.
Keep up to date with standings of all our events by using our new Live Tournament Leaderboard at www.connectscale.app
Connect Outdoors, Inc and its staff reserves the right to disqualify or omit any catches that do not meet the rules described above. All decisions by leadership are FINAL. All users must practice Safe Social Distancing Measures as outlined by the CDC. The Tournament will be postponed if a National Quarantine or Shelter In Place order is given. As a condition of participation in a Competition, and by virtue of using the app, each Competitor agrees to accept the terms and conditions of the ConnectScale Terms & Condition including a Waiver and Release of Liability.
LINK TO CDC GUIDELINES:
How to protect yourself - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
Travel in the US - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html
Download the ConnectScale App iOS & Android
Join the Connect Fishing League